Program Development Intern
Same Thread is an ethically produced, socially conscious fashion and lifestyle brand startup based in Seattle, WA. We work with female artisans in the Isaan region of NE Thailand to produce fashion forward clothing and accessories that are on trend, affordable, and eco-conscious. Our mission is to economically empower by providing income, skill development and education in order to combat the cycle of poverty in the Isaan region. We believe that by investing in women, you are in turn investing in the family and the community at large.
The Program Development Intern will work closely with the Program Director and Thai Program Manager to assist in the development of systems and community development initiatives to support our artisans. You will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on, real world experience in the development of programs that will help to support and empower vulnerable women. This position will allow the right candidate to develop a portfolio of community development projects and initiatives that they have helped to spearhead, which they are free to utilize as they would like.
This is an unpaid position, 10 hours per week, with a minimum 4 month commitment to begin after January 1. College credit may be available. The Program Development Intern is required to attend weekly staff meetings at the co-owner’s home in the Central District in Seattle, WA. These typically take place on Tuesday afternoons, however we are willing to be flexible for the right candidate. All other duties will be performed remotely as is agreed upon between the Program Development Intern and the Program Director, with additional or flexible hours needed around events.
- Current student looking to fulfill their requirements for a Bachelor Degree in a related field, current student looking to fulfill requirements for their Master Degree in a related field, or recent grad in a related field.
- Strong interest in social entrepreneurship, ethical fashion, community development & women’s empowerment
- Understanding of basic community development principles and best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Takes initiative in situations with little direction
- “All-hands-on-deck” attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your email, we would love to hear what your favorite ethical fashion brands are!