Same Thread is an ethical lifestyle brand that is designed and manufactured by women for women. All of our items are handmade by talented female artisans in the Northeast region of Thailand, referred to locally as Isaan. We strive to utilize modern, on trend design alongside the beautiful textile work that is the hallmark of this region.
Same Thread was founded in 2014 by Katie Metzger and Danielle Neufeld after a two month long research trip to Southeast Asia that focused on aftercare practices for survivors of the Thai sex industry. Their research culminated in Isaan, where it is estimated that up to 80% of all Thai prostitutes originate. Isaan is one of the most economically unstable regions of Thailand, where various cultural and historical issues have perpetuated a pervasive cycle of prostitution. During their stay in Thailand, Katie and Danielle were inspired to help provide economic opportunities for vulnerable women.
By supporting Same Thread you are directly impacting the lives of woman through economic empowerment.
We envision a world where ethically made clothing is not a luxury, and being paid a living wage is not a privilege. Through partnering together, we believe that both consumer and manufacturer can co-create ethical progress in the fashion industry.
- We believe in freedom of choice for both consumer and manufacturer.
- We believe in the inherent right of all people to freedom, love, safety, shelter, sustenance and the pursuit of self-actualization.
- We believe that all people are entitled to be paid a living wage and to work in a dignified environment.
- We believe that empowering women economically can change families and communities for the better.
- We believe that choosing to buy clothing makes us partially responsible for how the clothing was made.
- We believe that participating in the fashion industry does not have to mean perpetuating an oppressive system.
- We believe that fashion is a valid way of expressing not only individuality and creativity but of expressing beliefs and empathy.